1. POLICY STATEMENT
Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd provides users with the facilities and opportunities to work from home as appropriate. We will ensure that all users who work from home are aware of the acceptable use of portable computer devices and opportunities to work from home.
2. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purpose of this document is to state the Work from Home Policy of Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd.
Portable computing devices are provided to assist users to conduct official business efficiently and effectively. This equipment, and any information stored on portable computing devices, should be recognised as valuable organisational information assets, and safeguarded appropriately.
This document applies to all employees of Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd and contractual third parties who use Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd IT facilities and equipment at their residence, or who require remote access to Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd Information Systems or information.
This policy should always be adhered to whenever any user makes use of portable computing devices. This policy applies to all users of Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd IT equipment and personal IT equipment when working away from Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd offices/facilities.
Portable computing devices include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Laptop computers
- Tablet, PCs
- Mobile phones
- Wireless technologies
Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd recognises that there are risks associated with users accessing and handling information to conduct official work. The mobility, technology and information that make portable computing devices so useful to employees and organisations also make them valuable assets for thieves.
This policy aims to mitigate the following risks:
- Increased risk of equipment damage, loss or theft
- Accidental or deliberate overlooking by unauthorised individuals
- Unauthorised access to PROTECT and RESTRICTED information
- Unauthorised introduction of malicious software and viruses
- Potential sanctions against the company imposed by the authorities because of information loss or misuse
- Potential legal action against the company because of information loss or misuse
- Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd reputational damage because of information loss or misuse
Non-compliance with this policy could have a significant effect on the efficient operation of Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd and may result in financial loss and an inability to provide necessary services to our customers.
All IT equipment (including portable computer devices) supplied to users is the property of Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd. It must be returned upon the request of Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd. Access for support or IT Service staff of Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd shall be given to allow essential maintenance security work or removal, upon request.
All IT equipment will be supplied and installed by Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd IT Service staff. Hardware and software must only be provided by Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd IT Service staff.
6. USER RESPONSIBILITY
It is the user’s responsibility to ensure that the following points are always adhered to:
- Users must take due care and attention of portable computer devices when moving between home and another business site
- Users will not install or update any software on a Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd owned portable computer device
- Users will not install any screen savers on a Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd owned portable computer device
- Users will not change the configuration of any Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd owned portable computer device
- Users will not install any hardware to or inside any Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd owned portable computer device, unless authorised by Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd IT Service staff
- Users will allow the installation and maintenance of Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd installed Anti-Virus updates immediately
- Business critical data should be stored on a Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd file and print server wherever possible and not held on the portable computer device
- Users must not remove or deface any asset registration number
- User requests for upgrades of hardware or software must be approved by Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd. Equipment and software will then be purchased and installed by IT Service staff
- The IT equipment can be used for personal use by staff so long as it is not used in relation to an external business. Only software supplied and approved by Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd can be used (e.g. Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.)
- No family members may use the IT equipment. The IT equipment is supplied for the staff members’ sole use
- The user must ensure that reasonable care is taken of the IT equipment supplied. Where any fault in the equipment has been caused by the user, in breach of the above paragraphs, Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd may recover the costs of repair
- Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd may at any time, and without notice, request a software and hardware audit, and may be required to remove any equipment at the time of the audit for further inspection. All users must co-operate fully with any such audit.
7. WORK FROM HOME ARRANGEMENTS
Users should be aware of the physical security dangers and risks associated with working from home.
Equipment should not be left where it would attract the interests of thief. For home working it is recommended that the office area of the house should be kept separate from the rest of the house. Equipment must be secured whenever it is not in use.
Users must ensure that access / authentication tokens and personal identification numbers are always kept in a separate location to the portable computer device.
Paper documents are vulnerable to theft if left accessible to unauthorised people. These should be securely locked away in suitable facilities (e.g. secure filing cabinets) when not in use.
Documents should be collected from printers as soon as they are produced and not left where they can be casually read. Wastepaper containing PROTECT or RESTRICTED information must be shredded to required standards.
8. ACCESS CONTROLS
It is essential that access to all PROTECT or RESTRICTED information is controlled. This can be done through physical controls, such as locking the home office or locking the computer’s keyboard. Alternatively, or in addition, this can be done logically such as by password controls or User Login controls.
All data on portable computer devices must, where possible, be encrypted. If this is not possible, then all PROTECTED or RESTRICTED data held on the portable device must be encrypted.
An SSL or IPSec VPN must be configured to allow those working from home to access Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd systems if connecting over Public Networks, such as the Internet.
9. ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION
IT Services will deploy an up-to-date Anti Virus signature file to all users who work away from the Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd premises. Users who work from their place of residence must ensure that their portable computer devices are installed with Anti-Virus software. Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd requires that all portable computer devices are installed with Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd-nominated Anti-Virus software with auto-updates enabled at all times.
Employees working from home are solely responsible for ensuring the Anti-Virus software remains able to auto-updated and to undertake regular (at minimum weekly) scans of their portable computer devices to ensure it remains free from viruses.
Employees working from home are responsible for bringing back to the office your portable computer devices well prior to Anti-Virus expiration in order to renew Anti-Virus software. This ensures maximum protection is maintained at all times.
Employees are to ensure that any USB/memory stick/external hard drive connected to their portable computer device is to be scanned for viruses and malware prior to use.
10. POLICY COMPLIANCE
If any user is found to have breached this policy, they may be subject to Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd disciplinary procedure. If a criminal offence is considered to have been committed further action may be taken to assist in the prosecution of the offender(s).
11. POLICY GOVERNANCE
The following table identifies who within Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd is Accountable, Responsible, Informed or Consulted with regards to this policy. The following definitions apply:
RESPONSIBLE (the person(s) responsible for developing and implementing the policy)
Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd
ACCOUNTABLE (the person who has ultimate accountability and authority for the policy)
Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd
CONSULTED (the person(s) or groups to be consulted prior to final policy implementation or amendment)
Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd
INFORMED (the person(s) or groups to be informed after policy implementation or amendment)
Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd
12. REVIEW AND REVISION
This policy will be reviewed as it is deemed appropriate, but no less frequently than every 12 months.
Policy review will be undertaken by Paradise Nutrients Pty Ltd.